Google

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

As of June 15 2003, a Red Dust was lightly dusting.




As of June 15 2003, a Red Dust was lightly dusting.
Last night, June 15 2003I ran my hand across the hood of the car. There was a fine black, pinkish dust covering my hands and my feet were also covered with this dust as I had gone out barefoot. ... I drive a white car, and by the time I arrived in Seattle, June 16 2003, it had a light pinkish/reddish dusting on it. When I washed my car later, it was like rinsing off Koolaid. It actually stained the paint. ... I have been noticing a lot of red dust lately in my hometown (Nashville, TN). It's been in many different areas. Just yesterday, June 17 2003, we collected samples that were coating tree leaves. ... The roadways in British Columbia [June 30 2003] have a fine reddish dirt on the gravel sides and there is no red dirt in this region ...The red dust is coming in thick here on the West Coast of Florida. Tonight [July 3 2003] the dust is even thicker then last night and is beginning to settle on the cars here. ... In Arizona [July 8 2003] I noticed a pinkish film on my grey car. I took a plain white paper towel and swiped it over the hood and found a pink residue on the paper towel! ... For at least two weeks now [July 13 2003] my pool and bird bath are covered with the red dust. ... My birdbath in the AM [July 13 2003], the water is red.The birds won't drink it till I change it. No it is not rust. ... I live in Michigan and we have seen this same reddish brown dust both in the air and on the ground for many days now [July 19 2003]. Prominent enough in the air and clouds to leave a film on carhoods and patio furniture. ... I now live in Florida [July 19 2003] and we are seeing this stuff all over the place here on the west coast. ... [Aug 7 2003] Red streaks over Vancouver. Global Television out of Vancouver is talking at great length about it! Their Environment meteorologist cannot figure it out. ... Notes from a flat roof buiding at around 3000 ft. above sea level, on top of a mountain in the Apalachians. After a rain [Sep 9 2003] we have small pudles of water here and there. After the past, say three rains, I`ve noticed dust accumulating in these puddles. When the puddles dry, the dust is getting thicker each time. When the dust first comes down , it looks redish, then turns more yellow. After the dust drys , it looks like rust. Just started doing this in the past 1 and 1/2 weeks, maybe two. No industry for hundreds of miles, nothing that could make this dust. In all my life , I have never seen this before, 58 years. The air here is very clean, known for its health beneits. ... There was a lot of red dust last evening partly over the whole sky [Oct 1 2003]. Looked like an image of rolling hair. These clouds were brown-reddish and clearly differed from those common plumpy, blue-grey clouds which also were in the sky last evening. They also moved faster than the common. Around the Sun and far out, it was self-illuminated reddish. Never seen anything like it! ... A few nights ago [Oct 24 2003] in Eugene, OR, the moon was red. I have never seen anything like that before. Also, the sunsets and clouds are increasingly red, and there has been a fine red/brown powder on my roommate's car. ... Overnight, in San Diego [Nov 23 2003] I found that a layer of fine pink dust had covered my vehicle. Within three hours, more of this fine dust has covered my truck. ... Where Did Red Dust Come From? [Dec 16 2003] from Texas to Michigan Illinois: it looked more like the oxidation that settles on iron after you get it wet. Arkansas: deep red dust (from rain) everywhere. It is hard to wash off. Texas: I am unsure what it is for certain but it is not soil. Michigan: It rained red from Kalamazoo to Muskegon. ... In Eugene Oregon tonight [Jan 20 2004] it looks like clouds of red dust raining down from puffy white clouds and there is a very strange electric/metallic smell to the air. ... Two days ago [Feb 22 2004] in South Poland the TV reported the snow was ore coloured, everywhere. ... On TV in Russia [Feb 24 2004] in Moscow the snow with a pink shade has fallen. ... [Sep 1 2004] orange dust coated Detroit. ... The rocking chair in my patio [May 6, 2005] in Italy took the rain and filtered the dust, a very fine dust, similar to iron oxide dust.... In Sardinia [Jun 2, 2005] it rained red dust. ... In Peterborough, Ontario [Jun 26, 2005], we have red dust buildup in our white plastic bird bath and local news reports one lady with red dust in her bird bath in Toronto, Canada area. Smog is being blamed. ... in Chicago [Jan 6, 2006] NBC It's not your imagination if you've walked outside and noticed a rusty colored dust sprinkled all over your car. The strange rusty powder appeared on cars in the Chicago area this week. ... [Feb 2, 2007] Orange Snow in Siberia, with high iron content ... [May 14, 2007] Red dust at a Summer residence in Russia in bathing with water which stood for the past year! Water became red color, and on the edges there was a wet red dust! Also there was red dust and in a city fountain directly at the bottom.

No comments: